The Sustainable Groundwater Management Act will be implemented over the next twenty years. The PDF map below is interactive and will be updated with links as they become available.
- As of Jan. 1, 2015, local agencies may no longer update groundwater management plans for medium and high priority basins.
- 127 high and medium priority basins
- DWR developed Basin Boundary Emergency Regulations to revise basin boundaries
- This DWR page posts notifications of GSA formation. Deadline to establish a GSA for high and medium priority basins is June 30, 2017.
- DWR identified critically overdrafted high and medium priority basins that must be managed under a groundwater sustainability plan by Jan. 31, 2020.